Advertisement
National

2-year boy dies in fire accident in Mangochi

Advertisement

A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy died on Thursday morning at Lanimashashe Village in Traditional Authority Chowe in Mangochi after he was trapped in a house that caught fire.

Mangochi Police Deputy Public Relations Officer Amina Daudi, said the accident occurred when the boy was in the company of his siblings who were roasting maize in the house.

She said the grass-thatched house caught fire and the twoyear-old boy got trapped in the house. The other two managed to escape and called for help.

Advertisement

Daudi said when the accident occurred, the deceased’s father, Paul Biliati, and his wife were at village headman Lanimashashe’s court attending a development meeting. When they rushed home, they found the child had already died.

The post-mortem conducted at Lungwena Health Centre confirmed that the death was due to suffocation and burns, according to Daudi.

Mangochi police have since appealed to the general public not to leave children of tender age alone without parental care, guidance and close supervision to avoid such accidents.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker