6 family members die
By Gladson M’bumpha:
Six family members, including a couple and their twin children, have died in a suspected food poisoning case in Ntcheu District.
Ntcheu Police spokesperson, Hastings Chigalu, said the incident happened at Muso 2 Village, Traditional Authority Ganya, in the district.
He said four family members died on Tuesday morning while the other two died yesterday.
Chigalu said some family members reportedly started vomiting heavily and were taken to Kandeu Health Centre for treatment on Monday night.
“Due to persistence of their condition, at 3 in the morning, they were referred to Ntcheu District Hospital for further medical attention. Unfortunately, four members, including a father, Mike Jamali, 40, and his twins [boys] aged 10 and 14 died while receiving treatment on Tuesday at 8 o’clock in the morning,” Chigalu said.
He said the two other members died Wednesday and they included a three-year-old girl and Ida Samuel, 40, a wife to Mike Jamali and mother to the two twins.
Meanwhile, police a r e investigating the source of the suspected poisoning.
As of Wednesday, the six bodies were at Ntcheu District Hospital waiting for postmortem.
A vibrant writer who gives a great insight on hot topics and issues