Entertainment

Alleluya Band speak on quarantine experience

Alleluya Band members, who are currently on a 14-day quarantine at Kameza in Blantyre having returned from Italy recently, have indicated that they are doing well so far.

The five, who include former band leader Coss Chiwalo, deputy band leader Gertrude Naluso and Madalitso Naferakanso, are expected out of quarantine at the end this month.

The group, which is based in Balaka, has been visiting Italy every year for performances which are aimed at raising funds for different projects at Andiamo.

However, this was a different project involving only five members, who left the country in January for Italy to undergo an Italian language training course.

“So far so good, God is good all the time. Since we are in quarantine, we are not allowed out and so we have been indoors since we came last Friday. Again, we are all in our rooms, we only communicate through phones and at times we have to put on masks when we are getting things from each other,” Naluso said Wednesday.

In terms of food, Naluso, said there was a restaurant that supplies food for them.

“The restaurant was hired by our company in Balaka and supplies food for us and what the restaurant does is bring the food on the gate where those on the gate bring it to us but they have to put on masks and other protective gears. It’s been quite an experience especially where you cannot go out,” she said.

Naluso then called on people in the country to take precautionary measures despite that the country is yet to report any cases of coronavirus.

“Doctors are coming to check on our temperature but it is good that we are indoors so that everything is clear,” she said.

Chiwalo said they were living in a house which has more rooms and that they were praying for the best.

“Of course, sometimes you have that feeling of fear especially when you experience some headache and all we are looking forward is to finalise the 14 days,” he said.

Chiwalo also indicated that they did not finish the training programme.

“The programme is supposed to finish next year in March. After the January to March programme, we were supposed to go again for the June to September cohort and then January to March 2021 but now everything has been cancelled,” he said.

Chiwalo revealed that on their way from Italy to Malawi, they were screened and that it was also important for them to undergo quarantine here.

“All I can say is, the country needs to be on guard and sensitise people to coronavirus although cases have not yet been reported. Let us avoid handshakes and hugs among others,” he said.

Italy is one of the countries which has been hit hard by coronavirus and has among others, seen schools and shops being closed.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close