The two buses that Blantyre giants Nyasa Big Bullets and Be Forward Wanderers received will be subjected to Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) vetting before ownership is changed.
The two giants received the buses from former President Peter Mutharika last week, who claimed to have used personal money to purchase the buses. It is reported that Mutharika spent about K250 million to purchase the buses from Rashy Motors in Blantyre.
But the two teams are yet to register the buses.
In an interview on Saturday, ACB Director, Reyneck Matemba said there won’t be any exception on Bullets and Wanderers.
“With respect to the buses that you mentioned, we do not know who the title holder of the buses is, we do not know in whose name the buses are. But in the event that an application to change ownership of those buses is made to the Directorate of Road Traffic and Safety Services (DRTSS), the directorate will be expected to submit application for the change of ownership to the ACB for vetting and clearance. There won’t be any exception,” Matemba said in a written response.
Both Bullets and Wanderers were yet to confirm if they will register the two buses.
Wanderers general secretary, Victor Maunde said he needed to consult.
“I have to cross check with my colleagues on the matter,” Maunde said.
On his part, Bullets chief administration officer, Albert Chigoga also asked for more time before commenting on the issue.
The two clubs were urged to obtain bluebooks to confirm ownership of the buses.
Mutharika pledged the buses during the unveiling of the Bullets and Wanderers stadia project in Blantyre. Project for Bullets and Wanderers stadia is expected to continue in Blantyre.