Cecafa Competitions Committee has been forced to change this year’s Cecafa Kagame Cup draw following the withdraw of Kenya Premier League side Tusker FC.
Initially, Bullets were drawn in Group C alongside Young African Sports Club (Yanga) and Express.
But after Tusker withdrawal, there will be only two groups comprising four teams each.
Following the changes, Nyasa Big Bullets have been drawn in Group A alongside Yanga from Tanzania, Express from Uganda and Atlabara from South Sudan.
Bullets will kick start the campaign against Yanga on the opening day of the competition at Benjamin Nkapa Stadium tomorrow before facing Uganda champions Express at the same venue on Wednesday.
The People’s Team will wrap up Group A campaign against Atlabara at Azam Complex on Saturday.
Group winners and runners-up in each pool will advance to the semifinals.
Bullets Chief Executive Officer Suzgo Nyirenda said the tournament would give the players international exposure.
“It is a blessing in disguise because the players will play more matches to prepare well for Caf Champions League,” Nyirenda said.
Bullets are using the competition as part of preparations for Caf Champions League which is expected to start in September.
Cecafa Competitions Director, Yusuf Mosi told www.cecafa.com that the fixture had been changed after Tusker withdrew.
“We expect a very competitive tournament with the best two teams from each group going straight to the semifinals. This event will also help some of our teams prepare better ahead of Caf competitions starting in September,” Mosi said.
Group B comprises defending champions Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), Azam FC, Messager Ngozi from Burundi and KMKM from Zanzibar.
Bullets will represent Malawi in Caf Champions League whereas Silver Strikers will take part in the Confederations Cup.