Advertisement
National

Couple dies in house fire

Advertisement

A couple died on Monday evening after their house caught fire in Mapira Village, Traditional Authority (T/A) Chakhumbira, in Ntcheu District.

Ntcheu Police Station spokesperson Rebecca Ndiwate identified the couple as Rishande Kanyama and his wife Lucia Tchakanasi.

Ndiwate said the incident happened when containers with petrol— which was being kept in the house— caught fire from a charcoal burner they were using and exploded.

Advertisement

“The husband was pronounced dead upon arrival at Lizulu Health Centre (LHC) while his wife died upon arrival at Kamuzu Central Hospital (KCH) in Lilongwe,” she said.

Ndiwate said post-mortem results from LHC and KCH in Ntcheu and Lilongwe, respectively, indicated that death was due to third-degree burns.

Both Kanyama and Tchakanasi came from Mapira Village, T/A Chakhumbira, in Ntcheu District.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, police in the district are appealing to people to desist from keeping flammable substances in houses.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker