Advertisement
Sports

Duo faces Nyasa Big Bullets axe

Eric Badu, Haji Wali contracts likely to be terminated

Advertisement
LIKELY TO BE RELEASED—Wali

Nyasa Big Bullets Ghanaian defender Eric Badu and Haji Wali have been earmarked for dismissal for various reasons, Times Sport can reveal.

Badu, who signed a two-year contract last year after passing trials, has failed to make the grade, prompting Bullets hierarchy to demand that he be sacked.

On the other hand, Wali, who reportedly signed a three-year contract last year, has been recommended for firing on other grounds.

Advertisement

Sources from Bullets hierarchy, confided in Times Sport that the People’s Team management has suggested the firing of the two after their conduct and performance did not help the side in the just ended season.

“Management has submitted the names of the two [Wali and Badu] to have their contracts terminated. It is obvious that Badu failed to make the grade as he did not make any first choice appearance. As for Wali it has to do with other reasons. However, the technical panel can’t do anything now since the head of the department [coach Kalitso Pasuwa] is away on holiday,” he said.

Bullets Chief Administration Officer Albert Chigoga could neither confirm nor deny when asked whether Badu and Wali have been short-listed for axing.

Advertisement

“Decisions on the squad will be communicated in due course after we have finalised all internal processes,” Chigoga said.

Wali joined Bullets as a free agent, having been released by Silver Strikers.

Badu, 30, formerly of Hearts of Oak in Ghana, last played for Zimbabwean side Bulawayo Chiefs.

Former Bullets winger Kuruwa Ngwira, who also played for Mighty Tigers and Silver Strikers, told our sister paper, The Sunday Times, Sunday, that Badu had flopped at Bullets.

“It seems Bullets did not do much research before signing him. If the player was good, he would have cemented his position. It is even disturbing that he did not start any match,” said the former Bullets, Silver Strikers and Mighty Tigers winger.

Ngwira also doubted if Bullets panel had a hand in signing the Ghanaian.

“I wonder if the player really impressed during the trials. If Bullets’ panel approved his signing, then something is wrong,” he said.

The development comes after Bullets, through the team’s website, confirmed that winger Misheck Seleman had left the club by mutual agreement, two months before the expiry of his contract.

Seleman’s contract was supposed to end on March 16. He has been linked with a move to Silver.

“The club thanks him for his contribution over the two seasons he has been at The People’s Team and wishes him all the best for the future,” Bullets posted on their website.

Bullets will also lose striker Hassan Kajoke, who has signed a pre-contract with Silver.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker