Advertisement
National

Fire guts Attorney General Attorney General Kaphale’s house

Advertisement

Fire gutted a house belonging to Attorney General Kalekeni Kaphale in Blantyre Sunday morning.

Kaphale said the fired was caused by a child who was playing with matches.

“It is a matter of an adventure gone wrong. A child was playing with matches and the fire caught some stuff in the process,” he said.

Advertisement

Kaphale said the total value of property lost in the fire was not yet established but indicated it could be in millions of kwacha.

The Daily Times found the fire almost contained with fire brigades scattered in and outside the compound, making sure that it does not spread any further.

There was also heavy presence of police at the house.

Advertisement

After the fire was contained, nobody including the media was allowed inside the compound.

An eyewitness, Patrick Yona, said he, together with fire fighters from the Blantyre City Council, rescued some of the property including vehicles.

“I came at around 7:30 [in the morning] when the fire was still raging. We were allowed to enter the premises and we helped to rescue some of the property in the house including vehicles, a sofa set and beds,” he said.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker