Malawi National Football Team Coach, Ronny van Geneugden, has called up 24 home-based players—including starlet Peter Banda—for pre-camp training in Blantyre.
The Flames are expected to regroup at Mpira Village in Chiwembe Township, Blantyre, Monday for the four-day camp training meant to assess the players ahead of full-time camp.
The Griffin Young Stars striker Banda plays in the FMB Under-20 League and his inclusion in the senior team, well before he features for the Under-20 National Team, let alone in the Super League, might spark debate.
Another new face is Idana Chimwemwe of Nyasa Big Bullets reserve team whereas the rest of the players were part of the Flames squad that travelled to Morocco for friendly games recently.
Silver Strikers defender Mark Fodya, who was released from the Junior Flames camp for being over-aged last week, has also been drafted in the seniors’ squad.
- William Thole (Azam Tigers)
- Brighton Munthali (Silver Strikers)
- Richard Chipuwa (Be Forward Wanderers)
- Denis Chembezi (Wizards FC)
- Stanley Sanudi (Be Forward Wanderers)
- Peter Cholopi (Azam Tigers)
- Gomezgani Chirwa (Civil Sporting Club)
- Miracle Gabeya (NMC Big Bullets)
- Yamikani Fodya (NMC Big Bullets)
- John Lanjesi (NMC Big Bullets)
- Mark Fodya (Silver Strikers)
- Ian Chinyama (Premier Bet Wizards)
- Simeon Singa (Premier Bet Wizards)
- Chikoti Chirwa (Red Lions)
- Jabulani Linje (Be Forward Wanderers)
- Mike Mkwate (NMC Big Bullets)
- Idana (Bullets Reserve)
- Levison Maganizo (Silver Strikers)
- Righteous Banda (Civil Sporting Club)
- Misheck Botomani (Premier Bet Wizards)
- Mathews Sibale (Silver Strikers)
- Fletcher Bandawe (Civil Sporting Club)
- Mphatso Phillimon (Blue Eagles)
- Banda (Griffin Young Stars)
To report for medical assessment only:
- Kakhobwe Ernest (NMC Big Bullets)
- Chester Yamikani (Be Forward Wanderers)
A vibrant writer who gives a great insight on hot topics and issues