Jafali Chande feels vindicated


The long-running dispute between Nyasa Big Bullets and attacking midfielder, Jafali Chande, has been concluded with Football Association of Malawi (Fam) declaring the player a free agent.

The ruling which Fam Disciplinary Committee released on Wednesday at 9 pm, paves the way for Chande’s switch to Be Forward Wanderers. The player is delighted.

“I am greatly relieved now. I feel vindicated. I knew I would win because I had the original contract that I signed at the time of joining the Bullets,” Chande said.


The committee, while sympathising with Bullets for the theft at its secretariat of documents, including players’ contracts, said Bullets failed to prove that Chande had a contract with the team running beyond February 13, 2016.

“The signatories to the contract, having disavowed the contracts purportedly ending in August, 2016, and August, 2017, the committee cannot, on the basis of documents of questionable authenticity, find to the contrary,” it reads.

“The committee, therefore, rules that the complainants in this case have failed to prove their case. It is accordingly dismissed.”


Bullets Technical Director, Billy Tewesa, who personally went to several media houses with the club’s version of the contract, said yesterday he accepted the committee’s ruling.

Wanderers General Secretary, Mike Butao, said there was no doubt that Chande would come out of the dispute with clean hands.

“Facts of the matter were very clear. We knew that he was only being victimised. We are happy that at last, justice has prevailed. But our question is ‘what will happen to those that victimised him?” Butao said.

Meanwhile, this afternoon Chande will come face-to-face with three Bullets officials—Finance Committee Chairperson, Isaac Norman, Tewesa and Supporters Committee Chairperson, Stone Mwamadi—he dragged to court for alleged intimidation.

.Chande obtained a court order from the High Court in Blantyre restraining the three and their agents from trespassing after he reported to police that purpoted Bullets followers were visiting his house, threatening him for deciding to leave Bullets.

The court was scheduled to hear the matter last Tuesday, but failed because Norman was reportedly outside the country.

Tewesa and Chande separately confirmed their availability for the hearing.

“My lawyer will advise if at all there is need to withdraw it, but right now, we will meet in court,” Chande said.

The former Epac attacking midfielder is also awaiting another court appearance at the Blantyre Magistrates Court after Blantyre Police arrested him on a charge of forgery and uttering a false document.

Before Chande’s arrest, two employees of an internet café in Blantyre were arrested on the same charges. The three are on police bail.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker