Moyale Barracks cleared of Covid-19
Moyale Barracks have breathed a sigh of relief after all team members tested negative for Covid-19 ahead of their TNM Super League clash against Blue Eagles this weekend.
There were fears that some Moyale members might have contracted the virus after being in direct contact with some Nyasa Big Bullets players who tested positive for Covid-19.
The tests were done soon after Bullets defeated Moyale 5-1 in a Super League match at Kamuzu Stadium last weekend.
The high number of Covid-19 new cases in Bullets camp forced authorities to postpone the Blantyre derby against Be Forward Wanderers which was scheduled for this afternoon.
The results, which were released Friday, gives boost to the Lions of Kaning’ina before facing Eagles Sunday.
Moyale General Secretary Flow Mwale said they were relieved following the results.
“It is a relief for the football fraternity because there were fears that some of the players might be positive for Covid-19 after we played Bullets last week,” he said.
Sulom Vice General Secretary Zacharia Nyirenda said it was good news that all the team members tested negative.
“The tests came out negative which means the match between Moyale and Eagles we will go ahead as planned, ” he said.
If Moyale team members had tested positive for Covid-19, Mighty Tigers would have undergone similar test before their match against Ekwendeni Hammers.
Bullets suspended training after some players, namely; Hassan Kajoke, Ernest Kakhobwe, Luke Chima, Richard Chimbamba, Mike Mkwate, Nelson Kangunje, Macfallen Mgwira and Stanley Biliati were found positive for Covid-19.
The People’s Team is expected to resume training on Monday.