Advertisement
Sports

Muhamad Sulumba gagged during Big Bullets unveiling

Advertisement

Football fans would have to wait a little longer to learn Muhamad Sulumba’s feelings over his switch to Nyasa Big Bullets after the former Blantyre United player was barred from addressing the media during his unveiling ceremony in Blantyre Thursday.

Sulumba’s move to Bullets had been coupled with speculation, with others suggesting that the player wanted a move to Wanderers where he spent a loan spell last season.

After Bullets chairperson, Sam Chilunga and Nyasa Manufacturing Company’s executive director, Dimitri Kalaitzis, unveiled Sulumba at the company’s headquarters, Bullets’ vice-secretary Kelvin Moyo told the media that the player was not allowed to speak about the transfer.

Advertisement

“There are specific reasons for that. The player is coming from a funeral and we have just sneaked him in for the unveiling ceremony. He cannot give any reaction now,” Moyo said.

After more interrogation from the media, Moyo said the player had asked not to talk to the media for other reasons.

Earlier, Chilunga said the club had belief in Sulumba to produce good results, adding that there were no targets for him during the three-year contract.

Advertisement

“His job is to score goals, but at the same time we do not expect magic from him at the moment. We will invest in him so that he realises his potential. His good discipline, skills and loyalty were key to us developing interest in him,” he said.

Kalaitzis said the sponsors would invest in the purchase of more players to strengthen the squad while targeting a return to the Caf Champions League in 2017.

The club has kept the transfer fee and the player’s contractual benefits under wraps.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker