Advertisement
Business

New firm offers hope to youths, students

Advertisement

A new firm aimed at pooling together various talents and expertise among youth and linking them with the industry has been established in the country.

Based in Malawi’s commercial capital, the firm, Task Jand Limited, provides an online community market place for companies as well as individuals to outsource tasks, find local services and hire flexible staff.

Task Jand Chief Executive Officer Prince Msosa said 70 percent of the taskers are university students as well as those from technical colleges, adding that the remaining 30 percent are experienced unemployed Malawians, including retirees.

Advertisement

“The objective of our programme is to give these competent students a chance to practise what they learn in class showcase their creativity and also earn money to pay their bills and fees, since not all of these needy students get the loans and a lot of them are struggling financially.

“Since we work online you whatsapp/call us or post the task you want to get done on our website/facebook page and within few minutes we will find the best people to complete your task,” said Msosa.

He said companies in the industry are looking for experienced workers but at the same time 60 percent of students in the universities are struggling financially since the government stopped sponsoring students, adding that it’s not all of needy students who get access to the loans.

Advertisement

“We believe that greater collaboration between universities students and business will not only increase graduate employability but also has wider economic benefit that will help Malawi to be competitive in a changing global economy,” he said.

Msosa said outsourcing services through Task Jand will allow companies to share any associated risks with your outsourcing partners thereby reducing their burden.

“For example, by outsourcing to a competent outsourcing partner you reduce the risk involved in having the same task done in-house by staff that may not be as competent in that field.

“Since we work 24 hours a day we can take over and continue your work even after your employees go home and to bed. We can complete critical tasks and send it back for your review the next day. So the benefit of outsourcing here is that you get more work done in a day thereby increasing your overall productivity,” he said

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker