Advertisement
National

Property worth Millions lost in Nico House Fire

Advertisement

By Feston Malekezo

Fire has damaged Nico house in Blantyre, Malawi’s commercial city and property worth millions has been destroyed.

The fire started around 1 o’clock in the afternoon and took about three hours to be contained by the department of fire at Blantyre City Council.

Advertisement

Eye witnesses have told Times that officials from the department came in late to control the inferno.

The witnesses suggest that the blaze started after a microwave in one of the rooms of the third floor of the Nico building was left on and caught fire.

There were three fire engine vehicles, two of which were 1300 litres and the one was 2500 litres.

Advertisement

At the time of the incident patients who were at Shifa hospital housed in building next to Nico house were whisked away.

Senior fire officer responsible for operations at Blantyre City Council, Prescott Sailasi, says though there were some technical challenges they have managed to contain the fire.

He denied coming late at the facility saying that is “debatable”

Nico officials say will comment on the matter later in the day.

Nico officials say they will comment at a later time

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker