South African based Malawi national football defender Limbikani Mzava has expressed his growing frustration with South Africa Football Association (Safa) further delay in resumption of the Premier Soccer League.
The Highlands Park defender said he was disappointed after learning that PSL return had been shifted from July 18 to August 1.
“We have been waiting for so long. When we think that PSL action will start this week, that’s when we are told that the dates have been changed. However, we can not do otherwise than to wait until the planned date,” said the former Mighty Tigers and defunct Escom United defender.
PSL alongside other leagues across the globe were suspended due to Covid-19 pandemic.
Last month South African government gave consent to Safa to resume football by following precautionary measures to avoid further spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Flames players such as Gabadinho Mhango of Orlando Pirates, Baroka FC duo Gerald Phiri Jnr and Richard Mbulu, Polokwane City pair Denis Chembezi and Khuda Muyaba, veteran midfielder Robert Ng’ambi of Black Leopards and Chawanangwa Kaonga of TS Sporting were set to return to action over the weekend.
PSL was hoping to get football back underway as early as last weekend in their bid to complete the 2019/20 Absa Premiership and Nedbank Cup.