Advertisement
Sports

South to hold Queens trials

Advertisement

Over 50 players have been called to undergo day-long trials for the Malawi National Netball Team at Blantyre Youth Centre on Monday.

The players have been drawn from Rainbow Paints Blantyre and Districts Netball League teams that have been active in the season, which ended last month.

Southern Region Netball Committee (Soreneco) Chairperson Junier Kazembe said they will hold trials following instructions from the Netball Association of Malawi.

Advertisement

Kazembe said they were targeting to identify 30 players who are expected to undergo further trials with players from other regions.

“We communicated with our affiliates and team coaches to allow their outstanding players to undergo the trials. We expect members of the coaches committee and Malawi National Netball Team coaching panel to be part of this exercise. On our part, we are simply organising,” she said.

The exercise has started as Nam begins implementing preparations for the Queens ahead of the 2023 Netball World Cup slated for South Africa from July 28 to August 6 in Cape Town.

Advertisement

Currently, netball is on off-season in the country and most local leagues will likely start in April, which is two months before the World Cup throws-off.

The Queens were drawn in Pool B with England, Scotland and Barbados.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker