Advertisement
Sports

Wanderers exco sends back taskforce MoU

Advertisement
Victor Maunde

Mighty Be Forward Wanderers’ plans to turn commercial have hit a snag after details emerged that the team’s executive committee turned down a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which the taskforce presented.

Nomads executive committee minus two officials held a virtual meeting on Tuesday to scrutinise the MoU.

Wanderers General Secretary Victor Maunde confirmed rejecting the MoU, arguing that it had more grey areas.

Advertisement

“We sent it back because it is containing some elements which are unconstitutional. For example, the taskforce has made itself signatories when they have no such mandate.

“Wanderers Organogram is composed of the Executive, Trustees and Supporters. Where is the taskforce coming from? Secondly, these people are busy looking for potential directors of the team. Where are they getting this mandate? These are some of the things we want them to iron out before we sign the MoU,” he said.

Efforts to contact some members of the taskforce including the team’s former chairpersons Humphreys Mvula and Gift Mkandawire proved futile as their phones went unanswered.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Nyasa Big Bullets acting Vice President Fleetwood Haiya advised Wanderers to consult thoroughly.

“They need to engage the supporters, players and the trustees apart from the executive committee if they are to succeed in commercialising the club. The team is still under trusteeship which is still tricky,” he said.

Wanderers set up the taskforce to become self-reliant after Japanese Car dealers, Be Forward Limited, opted against extending its contract which expired on December 31 last year.

Recently, businessman Thom Mpinganjira bailed out Wanderers after committing to pay salaries for players and coaches for four months.

Advertisement
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker