Advertisement PAC COVID-19 Message
Advertisement
InternationalSports

Wits ‘varsity walk away from club sale

Advertisement PAC COVID-19 Message

South Africa’s Wits University has denied being a party to the widely reported impending sale of Gabadinho Mhango’s former club Bidvest Wits FC to Tshakhuma Tsha Madzhivhandila (TTM).

Tshakhuma last week Saturday announced that they have completed the purchase of Wits, who are on the eve of the club’s centenary since its inception back in 1921.

Though the deal was announced, Premier Soccer League is yet to ratify the sale and has refused to comment on the matter, while Bidvest Services Chief Executive Officer and club chairman Alan Fainman denied to KickOff.com that the 2016/17 Absa Premiership champions were being sold.

Advertisement

As earlier reported by this website, Bidvest Group owned a 60 per cent share of the football club while Wits University owned the remaining 40 per cent.

However, on Wednesday, the University finally broke its silence amid the social media madness and revealed that they sold their stake in the club to Bidvest, while further denying any part in the club’s sale to TTM.

Tshakhuma are an ambitious club that signed former Malawi national football team and Be Forward Wanderers star midfielder Joseph Kamwendo last year. —Kick Off/The Daily Times

Advertisement

Advertisement faith leaders
Tags
Show More
Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker