Tiger Woods has said he does not expect to return to the tour full time following his car accident in February.
The 15-time major champion had surgery on open fractures to his lower right leg and sustained further injuries to his foot and ankle.
Earlier this month Woods, 45, said he was “making progress” and shared footage of him playing golf for the first time since the accident.
But he said “getting all the way to the top” is not a realistic expectation.
“Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that. That’s how I’m going to have to play it from now on,” he told Golf Digest.
“It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”
Woods’ car left the road at about 85mph and flipped several times during the accident in California.
The former world number one was the sole occupant in the vehicle and was wearing his seatbelt, with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department saying he was “fortunate to be alive” following the incident on February 23.
“I have so far to go,” Woods said.
“I’m not even at the halfway point. I have so much more muscle development and nerve development that I have to do in my leg.
“There was a point in time when I wouldn’t say it was 50-50, but it was near there if I was going to walk out of that hospital with one leg.” he added—BBC